Writer in Motion August 2020 chose me to work with an editor. It’s a 30 day short story revision activity. I decided to participate for a break from the beast, or as I normally refer to it, SOULCHASER. Writing and editing something that’s only 1000 words will be pleasant breather. Plus, I need to get better at endings and beginnings.
I am much more active on Twitter than any other social media. If you’d like to see all my #writerinmotion posts, click here.
Follow along here to see what Writer in Motion is like for me!
- Reading like a writerOne would think I already have reading like a writer down. I was an English Literature major after all. But that was over 20 years ago. After graduation I swore I would never read books to dissect them […]
- Word count for non-writersWriters talk about manuscript length in word count because it is a common unit across all formats. I never really had an answer for how long my book is when a non writer asked.
- Create a writing ritual to invite inspirationHow do you create the sacred space you need in the smaller chunks you need? Creating a writing ritual will make what ever time you have more special and possibly more productive. A writing ritual is like inviting your muse on a romantic date instead of sitting in your cluttered mud room with day-old coffee.
- Setting Reading GoalsTips to improve your writing always tell you to read more. It’s absolutely true. Find out how I am setting goals for reading more.
- Writer in Motion Week 5: Wrapping up Unicorn TracksWriter in Motion was a chance to workshop along with writers of many levels and backgrounds. this is my wrap up post.