As requested by S.M. Roffey I am posting up the recipe for ribs I am teaching my mother-in-law.
I was considering skipping the back story that I actually despise when I am looking for recipes, but I decided to tell you a little bout the Orrish (Orcs in the world of Aeterra).
Orrish Grill Masters were once part of the Butchers’ Clan and before that the Ranchers. the stories say they used to invent herb rubs for each animal they butchered taking into account its unique temperament. the hunter’s prayer they imparted as they butchered the cattle calmed the animals spirit and resulted in tender cuts. Grill masters still train with ranchers and butchers during their apprenticeship, to bring the Orrish communities these old world favorites.
- Ribs (I generally use 3-5 lbs Pork ribs with the rough fat trimmed off
- 1/4- 1/2 cup steak seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- barbecue sauce (we love Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue)
- Cut the ribs into 4-5 rib slabs and score the thinker part of meat a bit.
- Put the ribs into a large pot, ad the steak seasoning and vinegar to the pot then fill it so the ribs are just covered by the water.
- Bring it to a boil for 30 minutes. you can tun them so they boil evenly but it doesn’t mater.
Heat the grill to at least 400º before adding the meat. Cook through then brush barbecue sauce on both sides. Layer the sauce generously turning the meat. Remove from heat and cut ribs apart.
Cook at 420º for 45 minutes. Coat with a thick layer of sauce and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes at 400º. Remove from oven and cut ribs apart.
Serve with fries, steamed or grilled vegetables or with a salad.